Church Of St James The Apostle
1439 Rue Ste-Catherine Ouest · interesting places nearby
Church Of St James The Apostle information
Built in 1864 on a sports field for the British military, this Anglican church used to be called St Crickets in the Fields for the matches that unfolded here. The stained glass in the east transept, the Regimental Window, was donated in memory of the WWI fallen. The Writers’ Chapel honors Canadian poets and authors such as John Glassco and A.J.M. Smith.