Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff
Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Visit Canada's famous glaciers on a full-day seasonal excursion from Banff. Your personalized small group tour takes you through an awe-inspiring landscape carved by glaciers and remnants from the last ice age, as you travel along the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic highways.
On your trip to Canada's glaciers, you'll hear stories of the early explorers who opened up these valleys. You'll enjoy an alpine picnic and visit the Columbia Icefields Centre, with the opportunity to join an exciting all-terrain tour onto Athabasca Glacier (included in the cost of the tour).Highlights of the tour include:
- Lake Louise: A brief photo stop at the most famous lake in Canada
- Crowfoot Glacier: One of the day's many up-close glacier views
- Peyto Lake: The classic emerald green jewel of the Canadian Rockies
- Saskatchewan Crossing: A rest stop/coffee break
- Mountain picnic lunch: Enjoy a hearty lunch with your choice of sandwich at a scenic stop along the Icefields Parkway
- Bridal Veil Falls: Fantastic view over the Icefields Parkway and the falls
- Columbia Icefields: Venture onto the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer!
- Bow Lake: The headwaters of the mighty Bow River
This tour is seasonal, operating from April through to October.
- Professional guide
- Picnic lunch
- Ice explorer! tour
- Use of binoculars
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)