The Siem Reap Hostel
AddressWot Bo Angkor School Road Siem ReapSee nearby area
For rates, enter dates/guests
Lonely Planet review
Angkor’s original full-on backpacker hostel is pretty slick. The dorms are well tended and the rooms are definitely flashpacker, and include breakfast too. There is a lively bar-restaurant and a covered pool, plus a well-organised travel desk.
Our independent authors have visited The Siem Reap Hostel and selected this as one of our recommended hostels in Roluos Temples.
Services & facilities
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle Hire
- Board games
- Book Exchange
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Games Room
- Pool Table
- Bicycle Parking
- Free Parking
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
- Swimming Pool
Description provided by property
Owned and run by Australian and Cambodian Nationals, The Siem Reap Hostel is a true hostel, purpose designed and built from the ground up to provide top shelf backpacker accommodation for a range of budgets.
We have a lively poolside bar and restaurant, and plenty of common areas making it easy to socialise and meet other travellers, or get away from it all and enjoy the peace and quiet, overlooking the beautiful grounds of the Wat Dam Nak temple.
Only five minutes walk from the action of the Old Market and Pub Street. We have all the trimmings like free, lightning fast WiFi, air conditioning, strong hot showers, private balcony and separate, ensuite bathroom and shower in our deluxe dorms and private rooms.
* FREE PICK UP service anytime - send us your airport, bus or boat arrival details
* AIR CON in all rooms
* FREE WiFi in all rooms and areas of hostel
* HOT WATER in all deluxe rooms and bathrooms.
* Extensive electronic security, big backpack size lockers under every bed (padlocks for $1) and night guards for your peace of mind
* FREE computers in lobby
* Sparkling undercover POOL, cleaned every day
* A CINEMA screening daily
* A beautiful balcony room for YOGA with several classes weekly
* 24 Hr check-in
* Room servicing and cleaning every day and dorm bathrooms and toilets serviced twice daily
* Chill out rooms and book swap library
* TVs in all private rooms with over 60 channels
* Free pool table, foosball, giant Connect 4 game, heaps of board games
* Weekly entertainment including, BBQ, $1 Dacquiri pool party, pool comp and a local food tour.
* Bar and Restaurant with Western and Asian meals, a 3 HOUR HAPPY HOUR with 50c beers and 2 for 1 cocktails
* FREE BIKES
* Laundry Service (subject to water quality)
* Trustworthy tuk tuk drivers who can take you anywhere, give great advice and won't rip you off
* Tour Desk to book onward travel or sightseeing around Siem Reap
* Massage and Day Spa facilities in-house
* The hostel overlooks beautiful Wat Dam Nak pagoda
* The BEST music playlist in South East Asia with the latest tracks, remixes and classics of all genres
* Guitar for those who wish to serenade their friends or just keep their chops up.
Basic Dorm Room (18bed mixed): $8/bed/ night
Deluxe Dorm Room (6bed mixed): $10/bed/night
Deluxe Dorm Room (6bed female ): $10/bed/night
Private Room (3 people): $13/person/night
Private Room (2 people): $15/person/night
Please note we do not accept group bookings of over 8 pax
We also offer long term discount rates for volunteers. Check with management on arrival.
Buffet breakfast is included for private room guests, and is just $2 for those staying in dorm rooms. The breakfast includes tea, coffee, juices, toast, pancakes and a selection of fresh fruit and cereals.
See you soon!
Gus, Driess, Roth and all The Siem Reap Hostel team.
BEWARE TUK TUK SCAM!
Other guest houses pay tuk tuk drivers a commission to take you to their hotel, usually because they are far away out of town. Tuk tuk drivers often give out false information to try and convince travellers to stay somewhere else, for example they may say that this hostel is full. They may also try and claim that there is a second Siem Reap Hostel. There is only ONE Siem Reap Hostel. We offer a FREE pick up service, please contact us with your arrival details by bus, boat or plane and we will have free transport ready and waiting for you at any time of the day or night. Once you have booked just look out for the sign with your name on it!
And you can check our pics on this website so you know what we look like.
Things to note:
We accept group bookings of up to 8 pax. We reserve the right to cancel any multiple bookings of groups larger than this number without notice.
As much as we'd love to, we do not accept bookings for children under the age of 7. Our pool is not fenced and unsupervised. Additional bedding can supplied for triple rooms on enquiry.
Interesting places nearby
Wat Dam Nak
Formerly a royal palace during the reign of King Sisowath, hence the name dam nak (palace), today the structure is home to the Centre...
Peace Cafe Yoga
Popular community centre-cum-cafe that has daily yoga sessions at 8.30am and 6.30pm, including ashtanga and hatha sessions.
Rides around the Siem Reap countryside, plus a dedicated temple tour on two wheels.
Damnak Alliance Café
This classy French restaurant also pays homage to its Cambodian context, with starters that include a rare lotus-salad. Try scallops on...