go to content go to search box go to global site navigation


Travel insurance

Citizens of other European Economic Area countries (EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) should pick up a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before they travel, which entitles you to the same immediate medical treatment available to Bulgarian nationals. However, you should also consider buying a policy that covers you for the worst possible scenario, such as an ­accident requiring an emergency flight home.