Rio Carnaval Package Original
All content by Intrepid
Fancy dancing samba in the street from dusk 'til dawn? There's no greater party on earth than this iconic festival of Rio de Janeiro so focus on perfecting those saucy samba steps. Join the conga line, witness the Carnival festivities reach their dizzying climax, move and shake among the drum-fuelled street parties and get swept up in this magic celebration of life. This is the ideal extension to any South American trip or a great adventure in its own right. Sign up for the party of a lifetime and join the spectacle of Rio Carnaval.
- Witness the kaleidoscopic colours of the Sambadrome.
- Experience the pulsating energy of Rio de Janeiro's Carnaval.
- Soak up spectacular views from Corcovado Mountain.
- Marvel at the legendary Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Cruise the waters of Guanabara Bay.
- Dance up a storm in Rio.
- the world's samba capital.
- Ride the cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain.
Day 1 Rio de Janeiro
Welcome to Rio. Feel the air bristle with electricity and excitement as the city gets ready for the world’s biggest party!
Day 2 Rio de Janeiro
Greet the Rio sunshine and decide whether to join the locals on Ipanema beach, people-watch over a leisurely breakfast or take a favela tour, which visits the fascinating Morrinho project. In the afternoon, perhaps watch a spirited game of football, drink coffee in a local cafe, or rest up in preparation for the wild nights ahead.
Day 3 Rio de Janeiro
Get a different view of the city with a trip to the top of stunning Sugarloaf Mountain. Then get ready for the first big night of action at the Sambadrome! Party with 70,000 others as Brazil’s top samba schools battle it out in a parade of colour, music and flamboyancy. There is nothing like the atmosphere here – be prepared for an awesome night!
Day 4 Rio de Janeiro
Perhaps spend the day sleeping, sunning on Copacabana Beach or finding a street party to join. If game, it’s time to get the Carnival costume on and join the parade! Get in amongst the action and dance, sing and parade with the samba schools – it’s a truly once in a lifetime experience!
Day 5 Rio de Janeiro
Spend the morning relaxing – or recovering – before visiting the iconic Christ the Redeemer Statue. Take a train up through rainforest to get spectacular 360 degree views of Rio. Still got some party left? A wild Carnival Ball may be just the thing – glitter is mandatory!
Day 6 Rio de Janeiro
There’s the option to take a colonial tour this afternoon to experience Rio’s heritage and old town with a local guide. As the sun goes down, see the magic of Rio from the water on a cruise around Guanabarra Bay.
Day 7 Rio de Janeiro
Say goodbye to Rio and the Carnaval. Or perhaps stay on to see more of fabulous Brazil.
Maximum of 24 travellers per group
Boat, Metro, Private vehicle, Train
1. While there will be one leader for every 24 travellers, there may be more than 150 travellers joining you on this experience.2. There are several optional activities available with this itinerary, and which must be booked in advance. These are listed under each day in the trip notes. Please see Trip Notes (Optional Activities) for booking instructions.