Services & facilities
- 24 hour reception
- Tours/travel desk
- Air conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Board games
- Cable tv
- Common room
- Games room
- Pool table
- Breakfast included
- Meals available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Linen included
- Outdoor terrace
Description provided by property
For carnival there is a minimum 7 nights stay (fev. 6th-12th 2013) at special rates ... please consider that after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 10 %) we will contact you to further pay another 40 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival (unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cant do it within Hostelworld) ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for this specific period and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up'
For new years eve there is a 3 night (30th, 31st december and 1st january) package with the same conditions ...
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from a really nice-not-overcrowded beach but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perharps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of europeans, americans, aussies and israelis ?? no ?? yes ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are brazilians ?? then you would get a real experience WITHIN the hostel, wouldnt that be bloody cool ??
Man, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 16 + people dorms, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
Here is my promise: make your reservation with us and when you arrive at the hostel if you do not like it we will pay you the taxi to any other hostel you want in rio ... Why would we do this ?? Because we are supremely confident that you will be delighted with Tupiniquim, i mean, when our guests come back to rio, 95 % of them come back to Tupiniquim ... See for yourself ...
... Tupiniquim is for sure the most original hostel in rio de janeiro - (O Globo Newspaper Review in feb. 2008) ... you are not staying in just another hostel, this is a really different hostel ...
We accept visa and mastercard !!!
Free WIFI for all our guests
Free fuss ball, button soccer and pool tables
Free TV / DVD room
Free Brazilian style breakfast: 08-10 am
But you see, the core of a hostel is not a beautiful and charming house (like ours), or plenty super-duper hot showers (which we have 7 of, in fact) or any of those welcome features ... The core is the people ... In this case the interaction between us, your brazilian hosts, and you ... We are here because of you ... Attention to detail and quality in every possible human aspect ... Command us ...
- multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew ...
- 24 hour reception ...
- 24 hour broadband internet (50 mps) access in brand new apple macintosh computers (virus free) ...
- or Free WiFi if you prefer (speed according to your wifi setup) ...
- air conditioning in all rooms (from 08 PM till 10 AM)...
- security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 x 1 x 0,50 meters each)
- bar and chilling area with a gorgeous view from the Christ ...
- Our TV room has a massive 55'' LCD in which you can enjoy cable tv (with all your favorites shows) and more than 400 films, all free of charge ...
- Air hockey table, pool table, foosball, button football
- central location from all major attractions:
3 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach
10 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont) and all the Historical Downtown of Rio
15 min. bus to Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain
15 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach
20 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer
20 min. bus to Ipanema Beach
25 min. subway to the Maracan Stadium (temple of football in Rio)
30 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviria)
40 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeo)
- All rooms (except for 2 6-people shared bathroom) have their own bathroom and there are shared bathrooms in the 2nd. floor if you are in a hurry ...
- spacious rooms with extra big windows for maximum ventilation (except for 1 windowless shared room, but this got extra air conditioning: 6 PM to 12 pm ...
- solid-noble-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
- 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, brand-new mattresses (and not those cheap and dirty ones you see in many hostels)
- 6 double, triple or quadruple private rooms ...
- free bedsheets and blankets
- free brazilian style breakfast (08:00 to 10:00)
- fully equipped backpackers kitchen where you can fully use all things (except for the fridge)
- luggage room ( in case you check out and want to hang around)
- plenty of space in our terrace with it's bbq area and Christ the Redeemer view ...
- lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
- multicultural library to understand rio de janeiro and brazil
- old fashion vinyl gramophone to feel & hear the old rio
- airport and bus station pickup (subject to availability)
- all the travel info you might possibly need
- car parking in front of the hostel available
- taxes included
- no minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve and Carnival)
- no lockout or curfew
Interesting places nearby
Housed in a century-old building, this modest museum is dedicated to the memory of Brazil's greatest classical composer – and founder of...
Museu do Índio
Featuring multimedia exhibitions on Brazil's northern tribes, the small Museu do Índio provides an excellent introduction to the...
São João Batista
Midway between Santo Ângelo and São Miguel, little remains from the mission at São João Batista . With a little imagination, it is...
One block from Estação Rio, this small three-screen theater shows a mix of Brazilian and foreign films. The small cafe in front is a...
Yorubá looks as if it's always prepared for the imminent arrival of an orixá (spirit or deity). Leaves lie scattered across the floor...