Last month we asked you to send us the best picture of your road trips to our Facebook Road Trips Competition. The result was overwhelming, with more than 1,300 submissions, ranging from the evocative to the adventurous (unicycle tripping, really?!)
We have now gone through all of the pictures and have whittled them down to the last 20, featured below in no particular order. From this selection, an independent judge will pick 1 winner and 5 runner-ups. The lucky winner will be taking home a Nokia Lumia 800 smartphone, while the runner-ups will be awarded a Lonely Planet guide of their choice. Watch this space as we will be announcing them very soon!
1. When I think road trip, Cambodia instantly springs to mind. A gruelling 24 hour trip, where every hour or so, the van gets stuck in the mud, and the paying customers are asked to get out and push – Sam F.
2. Lake, grass, mountains, snow and sky all at the same time! (State Highway 6 at South Island, New Zealand) – Charles P.
3. Dubai Desert Safari across the dunes by 4WD @ Dubai, U.A.E. – Sirish B.
4. Love for life, love for summer, love for sweden, love for my girl, love for my volkswagen bus…a road trip is what it’s all about… – Andi R.
5. On a motorcycle ride in Himalaya a rare roadside view of 22km long Drang-Drung-Glacier @above 11,000fts sea level source of Zanskar river in Zanskar Valley, Himalaya’s, India – Rajan S.
6. Through the sunny red Australian desert..during a 4months on the road trip: dream country!! – Mariella R.
7. Rock and Road! Along the way to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge near Ballintoy, County Antrim, Northern Ireland – Anirudha A.
8. In the Heart of Patagonia during the 2nd trip to South-America – Gyoengyi F.
9. Top of the World trail in Moab, Utah. Just one of the many breathtaking stops on a cross country road trip with 5 of my best friends in our modified Jeep Cherokee’s – Samuel M.
10. “Photogenic Bridge” One of the most visited and photographed bridge in Ilocos Norte Philippines, overlooking the South China Sea. Some say that one could actually see Taiwan from here – Maja T.
11. Classic Africa: Cruising the Serengeti, Tanzania – Jakhan N.
12. Road between Cusco & the Machupicchu in the magnificant Incas’ Land. It resums road trips spirit: adventure traveling without a total vision of the path in incredible countries – Thomas J.
13. Seem to be lost in Salt Desert of Uyuni but the jeep was just out of order and we were waiting for some bolivian help ! – Yann R.
14. Taken in Peru. On the road to see the Salinas salt flats – Janice S.
15. Joy of the Journey: A signboard at Nathula Pass, the India-China border – Dinesh S.
16. Sunset Safari through dazzling dubai dunes (Dubai, UAE) – Anne S.
17. Stopped for a photo op in Savannah Georgia on our way back to Canada. Live oaks covered in Spanish moss line the lane to Wormsloe Plantation – Stephen T.
18. Yellow Ambassadors and Tram Rule the Calcutta tradition and the Roads – Saurabh S.
19. Philippines, Palawan. On the way from Puerto Princesa to El Nido – Irina R.
20. I clicked this picture of a fellow rider early morning on our ride in Nepal. This is one of my favourite picture, it perfectly captures the motorcycle travel romanticism – Jitendra B.
Which one is your favourite?