- 6 August 2010
- Filed under
Jane NethercoteLonely Planet author
People trying to make a travel decision often turn up on the doorstop of Lonely Planet’s Thorn Tree forum, hoping that the community brains trust will help them work out where to go, when to go and who will join them on a ride from Paris to Jerusalem by horse.
In this bustling land of travel decision-making, one of the most common threads is the decision face-off – where readers put two options in the ring and let the forum decide which one wins. Here’s just a sample of the title fights taking place on the forum right now. Perhaps you can help – or perhaps they can help you:
- Punjab vs the rest of India?
- Hungary vs Czech Republic
- Jordan vs Lebanon
- Cusco vs Lima
- Kenya vs Tanzania
- Coastal/beach towns: Çeşme vs Bodrum
- Equador vs Peru for Amazon tour
- Santorini vs Crete
- Ireland – Southern Coast vs Northern?
- Seats – Cathay Pacific vs Malaysia Airlines
- Bangkok to Siem Reap Overland – Bus vs Train
- Driving vs Flying within Spain
- Packing cubes vs Ziploc bags
- Teaching English in Japan vs Korea
- Obtaining visa from Indonesian embassy in Beijing vs visa-on-arrival
Got your own decision face-off? Crowdsource the answer on Thorn Tree.