Mongar Dzong information
The Mongar Dzong was established in 1930 to replace the original Shongar Dzong, although the original utse (central tower) dates from an earlier age. It's unusual because it has two entrances and because the monk and administrative bodies share the same courtyard, though this will change with the construction of a new administrative courtyard and new assembly hall for the 60 resident monks. There are four lhakhangs in the utse, including a goenkhang (chapel dedicated to protective deities) and a Sangay Lhakhang. The week-long Mongar tsechu is held here in November (seventh to the 10th days of the 10th lunar month).