Hofpavillon Hietzing

Hofpavillon Hietzing information

Vienna , Austria
Address
Street 13, Schönbrunner Strasse
Getting there
metro Hietzing
More information
www.wienmuseum.at
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Lonely Planet review

Built between 1898 and 1899 by Otto Wagner as part of the public transport system, the Hofpavillon Hietzing was originally designed as a private station for the imperial court. The regal wood-panelled interior was designed by Wagner in conjunction with Josef Olbrich. Its white facade, decorated with wrought ironwork, is easily spotted just east of the U4 Hietzing stop.

It is in poor shape and was closed for renovation at the time of writing.