Christmas Eve Dinner at Weikersdorf Castle from Vienna
Christmas Eve Dinner at Weikersdorf Castle from Vienna information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Enjoy a traditional Austrian Christmas Eve celebration with the whole family on this Christmas Eve tour from Vienna. At the Renaissance-era Weikersdorf Castle hotel in the breathtaking Austrian Alps, sit down to a lovely 4-course dinner with wine while listening to live Austrian music. Your winter wonderland experience ends with an unforgettable Christmas midnight mass at a nearby church.
After pickup from your Vienna hotel, travel to the Renaissance-era Weikersdorf Castle hotel in Baden for your Christmas Eve celebration. As you approach Weikersdorf Castle, you'll be awed by the magnificent setting of the Vienna Woods, which are forested highlands that form the northeastern foothills of the Northern Limestone Alps.
When you arrive at Weikersdorf Castle, your guide will explain its history and point out the Renaissance architecture. Dating back to the 13th century, the castle was rebuilt in 1971 and is today used as part of the Vienna Woods Hotel.
- Crab rolls on a grapefruit a ragout (appetizer)
- Oxtail essence with ravioli
- Christmas goose and red cabbage with apples and potato dumplings
- Pyramid cake with chestnut mousse and a baked apple sauce
- White wine (Grüner Veltliner, Weingut Fritz Salomon)
- Red wine (Blauer Zweigelt, Weingut Reinisch)
** Please note that no vegetarian option is available **
- 4-course dinner
- 1/4 liter of wine per person
- 1 coffee per person
- Live music
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)