All content by Intrepid
Head into the heart of northern Australia and discover a pristine wilderness interspersed with fascinating Dreamtime legends. Be guided through the bush by passionate local guides who will teach you how to track native animals and interpret ancient rock art. Go 'bush bashing' down the Bama Way through the spectacular Daintree National Park and explore the unusual Black Mountains outside Cooktown. This jam-packed adventure is the only way to see such a remote and beautiful part of Australia.
- Enjoy a guided walk through Cooya Beach mangroves and mudflats.
- Learn how to track wildlife in the bush.
- Feast on traditional damper and a 'billy' tea.
- Relax on a boat cruise along Daintree River.
- Take an early morning stroll along Cape Tribulation beach.
- Jump aboard a 4x4 safari in the Daintree.
- Visit a classic Aussie pub.
- Admire ancient Aboriginal rock art.
- Explore the Black Mountains and Cooktown.
Day 1 Cairns/Cape Tribulation
Arrive in Cairns and travel along the scenic north coast of Australia to Cooya Beach. Enjoy a guided walk through the area's beaches, mudflats and mangroves learning how to track animals, before refuelling with a traditional 'billy' tea. Travel onwards into the pristine Daintree National Park and cruise down tranquil river waters by boat. Before day's end, make tracks to Cape Tribulation.
Day 2 Cape Tribulation/Cooktown
Start the day with an invigoration morning jaunt along Cape Tribulation Beach before setting off for a 4x4 adventure through the Daintree. Cross rivers and skirt around mountains while travelling off road through the heart of the park, arriving at a remote Aussie pub in time for lunch. Discover the dreamtime legends of the unusual Black Mountains before heading on to Cooktown.
Day 3 Cooktown/Cairns
Join forces with a proud and passionate local guide to explore ancient Aboriginal sites. Stop to admire intricately detailed rock art and learn the rich tapestry of its history. Indulge in a final group lunch at the Nature Powerhouse Museum before soaking up more astonishing outback scenery on the return trip to Cairns.
Maximum of 13 travellers per group
4x4 Safari Vehicle, Ferry
1. This trip starts on day one at 7.30am and finishes on day 3 at approximately 6pm. 2. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 28 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights