Kakadu Dreamtime Safari
All content by Intrepid
Visit the Top End of Australia - a land of beauty, mysticism and culture. Adventure through tropical Darwin and end with a bush shower under the iconic Jim Jim Falls. This Top End getaway offers a taste of the diverse delights of this region of Australia. Discover the beauty of Aboriginal art and culture, cruise the Kakadu wetlands in search of crocodiles and camp beneath the constellations on this Dreamtime Safari. Travel though this enchanting part of Australia and enjoy Kakadu dreams that will never be forgotten.
- Revel in Darwin's tropical charm.
- Enjoy a crocodile cruise in the Kakadu wetlands.
- Cool down in Twin Falls Gorge.
- Encounter exotic wildlife in Kakadu National Park.
- See the Top End's most iconic waterfall.
- Visit Australia's Aboriginal art at Ubirr Rock.
- Enjoy an educational afternoon on the East Alligator river onboard the Guluyambi boat cruise.
Days 1-2 Darwin/Kakadu National Park
Set off from Darwin bright and early on this journey into the heart of the Kakadu wilderness. Discover how this breathtaking Australian landscape helps maintain Indigenous tradition and culture. Kakadu is steeped in Dreamtime history and current significance, from the artwork it contains to the wildlife it nurtures. Be completely captivated by the park's ever-changing terrain and untamed beauty. Stop off at Ubirr Rock to view colourful Aboriginal art. Marvel at the spectacular setting of this ancient gallery, which is home to paintings that are more than 20,000 years old. Each painting is a page in the history books of this timeless country. This afternoon we take the Guluyambi boat cruise to learn more about local aboriginal people and their country. Enjoy dinner around the campfire before falling asleep under the seemingly endless starry Kakadu sky. Rising early, head to Twin Falls by 4x4 and pass through some of the Top End's most remote terrain. This is an area of incredible natural beauty - the rock pools and surrounds are magnificent year round and well worth the journey. Board a boat for a short ride through a spectacular gorge before arriving at the base of the falls. Enjoy a picnic lunch on a secluded stretch of the river. Then hike through steamy rainforest to the crystal clear waters of Jim Jim Falls, the park's most iconic sight. While swimming is allowed here, be sure to keep a lookout for the freshwater crocodiles who call these waters home.
Day 3 Darwin
Cruise the Yellow Water Billabong, looking out for the big saltwater crocodiles that patrol the area. Also keep your eyes peeled for exotic birds and the fabled bunyip, rumoured to lurk in Top End billabongs! Cool off in a true-blue outback swimming hole at Barramundi Gorge or visit Nourlangie Rock. Soak up the scenic beauty of Australia before hitting the Arnhem Highway and travelling back to the Darwin. Once back in the Top End's capital, why not stay on for further explorations? Perhaps head to the Territory Wildlife Park to learn more about some of the native animals seen on this trip, join a city walk to see some of Darwin's historically significant sites or simply watch the sun set on this Australian adventure.
Maximum of 15 travellers per group
Permanent tented camp
All Terrain vehicle
1. The tour commences on day 1 at 7am. Please take this into consideration when booking any flights and accommodation. We recommend you book accommodation in advance for the night prior to the tour commencing. 2. This tour finishes on arrival in Darwin on day 3 at around 6:30pm. Please take this into consideration when booking any flights out of Darwin. We recommend you book accommodation in advance to extend your stay here.