4wd Kakadu Litchfield Safari
All content by Intrepid
Cascading tropical waterfalls and crocodile inhabited waterways welcome you in this Kakadu and Litchfield 4x4 Safari. Learn the ancient traditions of the Limilngan-Wulna people on an adventure into Woolna Country. Cruise the croc-inhabited waters of the Mary River Wetlands, hike to Urbirr to see ancient Aboriginal rock art on display and marvel at the beautiful Jim Jim Falls. A 4x4 safari through Kakadu is the perfect way to see the very best of this diverse and rich landscape.
- Learn ancient Aboriginal traditions with the Limilngan-Wulna People.
- Fill up on bush tucker in Woolna Country.
- Go croc-spotting on the Mary River Wetlands.
- Hike above the Nardab Floodplain.
- Take the plunge at Barramundi Gorge.
- Put the 4x4 through its paces at Jim Jim Falls.
- Experience the astonishing beauty of the Kakadu National Park.
Day 1 Darwin/Mary River
A cosmopolitan city in Australia's tropical Top End, Darwin has a relaxed atmosphere and a fascinating multicultural population. Litchfield National Park is famous for its beautiful rainforests, scenic waterfalls and safe swimming holes. A stunning region of freshwater billabongs and monsoon forests, Mary River National Park is an outstanding fishing and bird-watching destination where you can also spot a few saltwater crocs.
Day 2 Mary River/Kakadu
Home to colourful rock art and spectacular scenery, Kakadu National Park is a vast wilderness of rainforest, wetlands, waterfalls and amazing wildlife.
Day 3 Kakadu/Darwin
Known for its balmy weather and diverse cultural influences, Darwin has grown from a remote trading outpost into the Northern Territory's modern capital without losing its frontier charm.
Maximum of 16 travellers per group
Permanent tented camp
All Terrain vehicle
Kakadu National Park Fee & Twin Falls
1. Please bring a sleeping bag or purchase one for AU$25. Please enquire at time of booking.2. Strict luggage limits apply. Please refer to trip notes.3. National park fees of AU$37.50 are included in the trip price from April 2013