Gordon River Cruise from Strahan
Gordon River Cruise from Strahan information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Glide past ancient rainforests aboard the Gordon River Cruise from Strahan. With a choice of seating on this morning departure, your six-hour cruise on the Gordon River allows plenty of time to explore Strahan and surrounding area, the gateway to Tasmania's World Heritage Area.
Come aboard the fastest, smoothest, most comfortable cruise boat on Tasmania's West Coast, Lady Jane Franklin II, to journey deep into a land lost in time. Your cruise begins in the waterfront village of Strahan, heads towards the open sea at the spectacular Hell's Gate, then crosses Macquarie Harbour to the calm lower reaches of the mighty Gordon River. In the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, marvel at the riverside rainforest, perfectly reflected in the river's waters, then take a walk into the timeless green of the forest at Heritage Landing.
At Hell's Gate, you'll feel the power of the sea and understand why mariners gave the place its name.
On Sarah Island, hear an enthralling actor tell stories of the days when convicts labored to cut logs of Huon Pine, to craft the timber into sturdy ships. The cruise ends with an early afternoon return to Strahan, in plenty of time to discover more about the town and its surroundings. Browse through the Wild Rivers Store and the Thylacine and Endangered Species Center.
Your seating options include:
- Atrium Seating - All forward seating, spacious seating with a number of styles to choose from. Includes buffet lunch
- Window Recliner - All forward seating with full length windows for exceptional views. Includes buffet lunch
- Captain's Premier Upper Deck - Luxury seating and exclusive deck space plus your own dedicated nature guide/steward. Includes fine food, wine and local Tasmanian beer. Gourmet lunch will consist of smoked salmon, ocean trout, Tasmanian game meat and a selection of Tasmanian produce including local cheeses.
- Sightseeing cruise
- Buffet lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
What isn't included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)