Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
Port Arthur Tour from Hobart information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Do you enjoy historical tours? This full day tour from Hobart has been designed to allow as much time as possible to explore Port Arthur. Formerly a convict site, Port Arthur is bursting with history and today boasts a landscape of natural beauty, scenic ruins and restored buildings. Make the most out of your day and join the informative fully guided historical walking tour then jump on board the relaxing cruise to the Isle of the Dead!
Port Arthur Historic Site is a compelling and dramatic reminder of our convict past and the early settlement of the Colony of Van Dieman's Land, now Tasmania. Interpretive and interactive presentations being the reality the harrowing life of convicts 200 years ago. Please note, this tour offers the opportunity for maximum time at Port Arthur Historic Site.Highlights:
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the Dead
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Lunch (not included) is available at Port Cafe at the entrance to the Port Arthur Visitor Center. There is also a sit down restaurant called Felons. Both have a large selection of sandwiches, hot food and drinks.
Click on"View Additional Info"
for the hotel pickup list
- Full-day guided historical walking tour of port arthur
- 30-minute harbor cruise
- Entrance fees to port arthur
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gst (goods and services tax)
What isn't included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)