St Philip’s Church
St Patrick’s Church
This attractive sandstone church (1844) was built on land donated by William Davis, an Irishman transported for his role in the 1798...
Above Wynyard train station is this rare wedge of downtown greenery. Surrounded by skyscrapers and spindly plane trees, it has a certain...
Generally acknowledged as Australia’s first major office tower, Australia Square (1968) was designed by archi-phenomenon Harry Seidler....
This is pure Sydney excess: a gentlemen's-club vibe with a whiff of Ottoman Empire opulence. Melt into a deep, leather chair, order a...
Pressed-tin ceilings, huge columns, oversized windows and modern furniture make the interior design almost as interesting as the food....
3 York St · interesting places nearby
St Philip’s Church information
Completed in 1856 by architect Edmund Blacket in High Victorian Gothic style, St Philip’s is the latest incarnation of a line descending from Sydney’s original Anglican parish church (1793). It’s an unobtrusive structure dwarfed by surrounding skyscrapers and is usually kept locked outside of Sunday services and special events.