Green Island Half Day Trip from Cairns
Tour description provided by Viator
Explore the tropical paradise of Green Island on a half day trip from Cairns. Enjoy around two hours exploring the Great Barrier Reef island with time to snorkel and take a glass-bottom boat. You can even take an optional semi-submersible submarine tour to get close to the reef without getting wet.
The beautiful coral cay of Green Island is a protected Marine National Park, topped with emerald rainforest and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs. The marine life includes endless varieties of colorful fish, turtles, giant clams, shells, starfish and sea anemones.
Green Island is 15 nautical miles (27 kilometers) from Cairns, and you'll cruise there aboard an air-conditioned catamaran with spacious, luxurious cabins and decks to enjoy Queensland's warm, tropical climate.
En route to Green Island you'll see a snorkeling demonstration and an informative presentation on how you can make the most of your two hours at Green Island. You can take a glass-bottom boat tour and use of snorkeling equipment to get closer to the marine life. There is also an optional semi-submarine coral viewing tour, scuba diving and supervised snorkeling trips. A licensed bar onboard the catamaran offers refreshments throughout the day.
You can also visit Green Island Resort to browse through the shops and use the facilities, including showers, change rooms and restrooms. Canoes, surf skis, sailboards, shade umbrellas and beach lounge chairs are available for hire. The island also has short walking tracks through the national park.
- Cruise transfers to and from green island by modern air-conditioned catamaran
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option selected)
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Use of snorkeling gear for the day
- Semi-submersible tour (if option is selected)
- Environmental management charge (reef tax)
What isn't included
- Optional activities. (can be booked locally, subject to availability. payable locally. introductory scuba dive au$152, seawalker helmut dive au$165, semi-submersible coral viewing tour au$20)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- A surcharge of au$4 per adult andau$2 per child is payable on check-in if pickup is required from hotels in palm cove, clifton beach, trinity beach, yorkey’s knob, holloways beach, machans beach, lake placid, crystal cascade and redlynch.