3-Day Kakadu National Park and Waterfalls Tour from Darwin
3-Day Kakadu National Park and Waterfalls Tour from Darwin information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Experience the best that the Kakadu National Park has to offer on this 3-day tour from Darwin. View the ancient Aboriginal rock art at Nourlangie Rock and Ubirr Rock, cruise the East Alligator River and Yellow Waters and paddle a canoe to majestic Twin Falls.
- 3-day touring by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Two nights accommodation in kakadu national park at the first class gagudju crocodile holiday inn
- 4wd tour to the arnhem land escarpment
- Paddle a canoe to twin falls
- Yellow waters wildlife cruise
- View aboriginal art sites
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park - Yellow Water Depart Darwin and venture into the vast and diverse landscape of Kakadu National Park. Stop to visit Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn a little about the park, its history, flora, fauna and ancient culture. Continue to Kakadu's most famous wetland area, Yellow Water billabong for your cruise. Watch for crocodiles and the famous Kakadu birdlife. Following lunch, travel to Nourlangie Rock to view galleries of ancient Aboriginal artworks. As is evident from all the paintings, this has always been an area of great significance to local Aborigines.
- Day 2: Twin Falls by Canoe Travel by 4WD to the edge of the Arnhem Land escarpment and beautiful Jim Jim Falls, the largest waterfalls in the park. Enjoy a refreshing bushwalk through monsoonal forest surrounded by towering cliffs. Continue along the winding sand track to Twin Falls Gorge where there is time to explore this remote region. Note: It's essential you are active and able to paddle your own canoe. Should seasonal conditions not permit visit to Twin Falls, it will be replaced with visit to Maguk (Barramundi Falls).
- Day 3: Kakadu National Park- Ubirr - East Alligator River Cruise - Darwin Travel to Ubirr before joining the Guluyambi Cruise on the East Alligator River. By special permission, take a short walk into Arnhem Land accompanied by an Aboriginal guide and finish your day with a call into Bowali Visitor Centre, to see the giant termite mounds.