Flights to Argentina
The best price found from United States to Argentina is on
October 5th, 2016,
See more options, compare prices and book:
New York John F. Kennedy
Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini
Getting around by air
- Argentina has direct flights between North America, the UK, Europe, Australia and South Africa, and from nearly all South American countries. You can also fly to a neighboring country, such as Brazil or Chile, and continue overland to Argentina.
Airports & Airlines
- Most international flights arrive at Buenos Aires’ Aeropuerto Internacional Ministro Pistarini, which is a 40- to 60-minute shuttle bus or taxi ride out of town (35km).
- Close to downtown Buenos Aires is Aeroparque Internacional Jorge Newbery, which handles mostly domestic flights but also a few international ones from neighboring countries.
- There are several other international airports around Argentina. Basic information on most Argentine airports can be found online at Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 (www.aa2000.com.ar).
- Aerolíneas Argentinas (www.aerolineas.com.ar) is the national carrier and has a decent international reputation.
Arrival Tips: Aeropuerto Internacional Ministro Pistarini (Ezeiza)
- Citizens from the United States, Canada and Australia have to pay a 'reciprocity fee' (tasa de reciprocidad) before flying into Argentina.
- If you want to change money at Ezeiza, note that the cambios (exchange houses) there generally offer bad rates. Better rates are found at the local bank branch; after exiting customs into the reception hall, make a U-turn to the right to find Banco de la Nación’s small office. Its also has an ATM and is open 24 hours, though long lines are common. There are other ATMs at Ezeiza, too, all of which offer the official exchange rate.
- There’s a tourist information booth just beyond the city's 'Taxi Ezeiza' stand.
- Shuttle buses and taxis frequently run from Ezeiza to the center.
- When flying out of Ezeiza, get there at least two to three hours before your international flight. Security and immigration lines can be long, and be aware that traffic is often bad getting to Ezeiza – it can take an hour or more to go the 35km from downtown BA.