Convento de Santo Domingo

sights / Religious

Convento de Santo Domingo information

La Rioja , Argentina
cnr Pelagio Luna & Lamadrid
Opening hours
9:30am-12:30pm & 6-8pm Mon-Fri
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Built in 1623 by the Diaguita under the direction of Dominican friars, this is Argentina’s oldest monastery. The date appears in the carved algarrobo door frame, also the work of Diaguita artists. There's a museum of religious art alongside.