Casa de la Vall

Casa de la Vall information

Opening hours
09:30-13:30 & 15:00-18:30 Tue-Sat, 15:00-18:30 Mon May-Oct, 09:30-13:30 & 15:00-18:30 Mon-Fri, 09:30-13:30 Sat Nov-Apr
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Constructed in 1580 as a home for a wealthy family, it has served as Andorra's parliament building since 1702. Downstairs is El Tribunal de Corts, the country's one and only courtroom. The Sala del Consell, upstairs, has to be one of the cosiest parliament chambers in the world. L'Armari de les Set Claus (the Cupboard of the Seven Keys) once held Andorra's most important official documents.

Security was guaranteed because it could only be opened if a key-bearing representative from each of the seven parishes was present. There are free guided tours in several languages, including English. Book at least a week ahead in summer to ensure a place - though individuals can often be squeezed in at the last minute.